huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a HuntressFinalLogo huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a

Monday, February 1, 2010

Western Big Game: Pronghorn October 2009


After being on an unsuccessful Pronghorn bow hunt, I was excited to be heading out wet to Wyoming with my 300 WSM by my side. It was nearing the end of the season, which means the animals already had some pressure, and an already skittish animal would more than likely present a great challenge. I was prepared to make a longer shot, and had all the faith in the world that I had the right gun, scope and ammunition.

When I woke up the first day to go hunting, it was well below freezing, the air was crisp and everything was still. The sun was just starting to break when we reached our hunting grounds. Right away my guide spotted a herd of Pronghorn with a more than decent buck in the mix. We drove past them and decided to sneak up behind them and use a hill as cover.

My guide remained calm, and we slowly crawled to the crest of the hill. He laid a pack in front of me, which I used as a rest for my gun. The biggest buck stood 172 yards from me. I put the crosshairs on him, squeezed my trigger and watched my very first Pronghorn go down. It was a perfect shot!

www.trophiesplus.com

No comments:

huntressframe08