huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a HuntressFinalLogo huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a huntressframe202a
huntressframe202a

Monday, November 22, 2010

Yahoo For Wahoos!

My most recent trip was to The Dominican Republic; a beautiful tropical island where you relax on a beach all day long with a nice cold drink in your hand. And as awesome as that sounds we had a different plan in mind. We were there for a family wedding; however being surrounded by that much ocean was far to tempting so myself and four other people chartered a fishing trip for a day.


This time of year the success rate on Wahoo, Barracuda and Mahi Mahi are all very high, and there is always the chance to hook into a Blue Marlin, however the chances are much slimmer.

The ocean was rough as a result of an earth quake that had just happened two days prior, but we were still game. We started our charter at 8am and after a few hours it started to look pretty grim. All of a sudden a double header hit and the adrenaline started pumping. Two really nice Wahoos were landed and put in the fish box.



Just as our excitement levels were coming down from our double header another reel started screaming and it was a Barracuda, and we let it go due to its size.


It wasn’t long after when we hooked into more Wahoo, another fish landed and in the box. It was my turn on deck now. I was so excited I wanted to hook into one of these fish more than anything. All of a sudden the reel started screaming and it was in my hands; I the Wahoo fought hard for about two or three minutes and then started to give in I could finally haul back some line. The fish got closer and closer to the boat; the guide reached over and hooked it in the side, my fish was now in the boat. It was my first Wahoo and my first time fishing in a tropical environment.

It was an awesome day of tight lines, screaming reels, nice fish and tonnes of sun.



VIDEO TO FOLLOW! Watch us all land our Wahoos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this technological globe everything is accessible on net?


Also visit my page: chwilówki oprocentowanie [http://chwilowki365.evenweb.com]

Anonymous said...

Waist height is best for baby nursery you? Let me root, root for the
home team. When a new baby is both comfortable
and safe baby nursery furniture when they have a lower profile and look really good.
Vehicle seats, high chairs and other adorable accessories to make your own quilt from fabrics scraps
with a story attached to each one.

My blog post :: Jogging Stroller Center

huntressframe08